Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter long weekend

Thursday:
Jessy's birthday party, went after an insane day at work. We all got pretty drunk. Good times.

Friday:
Since I drank the night before, I woke up extra early. I don't know why, when I drink I really couldn't sleep for long. Called Kevin to go lunch and gym as promised. That is where I saw this: (Car fans, I'm sure you know what this is.)
Birthday party again, then went to N16 (yeah, long story). That night was my third time passing out ever, man was that stuff hardcore... and damn the strobe lights and DJ Tiesco. But when I snapped back up an hour later I felt so refreshed.

Saturday:
The beauty of long weekend, where it feels like a Sunday already but yet you have another day of break ahead of you. Happy times. Only slept for a little bit again the night before. Woke up bright and early again to go check out a car auction, never been to one and was pretty excited, although still slightly drunk. And at the auction, I bought a car (98 Plymouth Neon) for the hell of it. Baller aren't I? :PAt night, I went over to N16 to help out again. Was pretty burnt and tired already around 2, but couldn't leave until 7.30. Not that I couldn't, but I just can't leave Big Water there by himself with the whole place and so much people. I'm getting the hang of this bar tending business a lot more now. If anything it's just a test of patience and knowing where everything is. Getting a lot better at it. But annoying customers all night long during round 2. Now I totally understand what Water meant, that owning a bar is not as fun nor as glamorous at it seems.

Sunday:
Woke up, was excited to get to finally eat some real legit Phở, not Pho. However the place we wanted to go is at Weston road, and our friend has to go into work at 6. So we couldn't make it and went to eat Jack Astor's for lunch (breakfast, tea, whatever), first time going to Jackass for lunch. Went home afterwards, did a little bit of chores and typed this blog. Have to go into work soon, really tired and sick for work.

I've been sick for the past week already, but yet always not sick enough. I wish I can just get really sick tomorrow so I can just go to the doctor's and get some antibiotics and get this over with. Lesson learned, never eat hot pot with a sick guy.

Antibiotics and our environment:
Speaking of antibiotics, you (whoever reading this) should buy less meat that are from animals that were fed antibiotics. When antibiotics came out, people thought it was a miracle drug that could cure and prevent anything. So we use it on everything and anything, including feeding our livestocks with it. However, if you don't completely kill off the bacteria with antibiotics, they learn to adapt and evolve into super bacterias that would become immune to the antibiotic. So you could not be cured the next time you need to use antibiotics. And as of now, we (the globe) has already overused the quota for antibiotics already, it can be found in our water, animals, and plants. And currently, the bacterias are mutating faster than we can come up with new antibiotics.

I forgot where I have read or heard of this, but the guy's right. "The generations after us will remember us as the generation that had it all but threw it all away." Not only have we fail to see our path towards extinction, but we are also destroying the hope for chances of survival for future generations. Maybe this is how other Type 1 civilizations ends as well. Take a look outside our sheltered cities once in a while, through National Geographic or Planet Earth (an EXCELLENT blu-ray documentry on our world), you would see how small we really are and that the urban image is not what the world really is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

希望你的身体早日康复吧,如果你不想康复,那就祝你病的一塌糊涂,呵呵

MKC said...

What you need to do now is something stupid with that car and post a video clip on here......

Steph said...

YO you ditched me on sat... =p anyways... hope u'll get better soon... too much alcohol for you... p.s. This sat Mar 29 at 8pm is Earth Energy Saving Hour or sth.... turn off your car...lights..tv.. computer..for one hr... just a lil we can do for the environment... =)